7.11.07

Masculine Irony

When it rains, it pours. Boy howdy, is that ever true this week! After returning from a 'dirty weekend', one where parting always leaves me morose, I received a phone call from the most recent Ex. Conversation is civil and friendly, until he launches once again into how miserable he is, how desperate, without me. When that fails to elicit his desired response, the emotional blackmail turns nasty. I finally manage to extricate myself from the tedious conversation after a waste of 1.5 hours.

I'm now feeling completely wrenched and emotionally drained, when the next morning I receive an email completely out of the blue from a way-former Ex whom I haven't heard from in more than 10 years. Fortunately, it is a simple, unoffensive email. The last time a way-former Ex contacted me, it turned into a cliched debacle; his idea of romantic reuniting was a 3-way on his couch with another woman he claimed was 'just a friend'.

So, what next? Will my first-ever Ex pop up and claim he's no longer gay? Will my next-to-most-recent Ex notify me of his apologies as part of a 12-step AA program? Will an earlier Ex drop in to hide out from the cops for pulling a knife on his former girlfriend (or so she told the cops)? Will a still earlier Ex randomly send me a new feather bed to replace the one he defecated upon in a drunken stupor?

Perhaps I should write a book...'Case Studies in Single Women Dating', or 'Crazy Dating Stories from a (Relatively) Sane Woman'....

2 comments:

Calvin Phelps said...

Ex numero uno here, and still gay after all these years. BUT, there's a fondest in my heart for you that if expressed in hugs and kisses would leave some wondring if I had left my team...

Squirrel Girl said...

Huge warm fuzzies for my favorite Ex! The feelings are most definitely mutual, love. :)