10.11.07

Wee Bit o' Heaven

Being spared further inconveniences from sundry aforementioned males, I was free to barrel out of the flat this morning and explore the local city market. My only regret is that it took me this long to investigate it. Housed in a beautiful restored Victorian red-brick market building, the city market offered a veritable plethora of tantilizing treats. Fresh baked breads and pastries, spiced olives, delectable local cheeses, fresh and cured meats, exotic spices, fresh fruits and veg, all interspersed with local crafts and tasty cooked food vendors.

I showed great restraint, however, resisting the near-overwhelming urge to engulf myself with every type of cheese, meat, and bread on offer. Now residing in my kitchen are two types of olives, four types of bread, fresh chili flakes, gobs of cherry tomatoes, onions, and three types of blue cheese. This last is especially remarkable when one takes into account that I am a certified cheese-a-holic!

Now that my tasty hoard is safely home and secreted away, I can enjoy a lunch of black olive bread, green and kalamata olives, Wicklow Blue (creamy brie-style pasturised cows milk blue cheese), Crozier (soft, tangy sheeps milk blue cheese), and Shropshire Blue (mellow full-flavoured golden semi-hard blue cheese).

Hmmm, think I should go work out this afternoon....

No comments: